Tour VCCA’s Studios on Sunday, July 17
Visit the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts at Mt. San Angelo for a special opportunity to step inside VCCA’s Studio Barn complex, where writers, visual artists, and composers from across the nation and around the world come to pursue their creative work.
When: Sunday, July 17, 2022, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Where: VCCA, 154 San Angelo Drive, Amherst, VA 24521
Participating artists will open their individual VCCA studios to the community. You’re invited to come see what they’re working on and to chat with them about their creative processes.
Visitors will also be welcome to take a self-guided tour of the grounds and VCCA’s outdoor art collection. Light refreshments will be available.
To help keep our artist community safe, we require that all guests be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be willing to wear facial coverings while indoors.
The following writers, visual artists, and composers will be in residence at Mt. San Angelo on July 17 and have agreed to open their studios to the public (pictured above from top left to bottom right):
- Ampydoo, writer/cartoonist
- Richard Becker, composer
- Zeke Berman, visual artist (Measuring Cup 1979)
- Justin Diggle, visual artist
- corinne duchesne, visual artist
- Mary D. Edwards, writer
- Andy Harris, visual artist
- Lucy McKeon, writer (Photo by Cody Jacobs)
- Tony Shore, visual artist
- Felicia van Bork, visual artist (Felicia van Bork, How to Stand Up, 2016, collage, 48 x 48 in.)
VCCA’s Spring 2022 Open Studios event. Photos by Paige Critcher.